Bundaberg Regional Council acknowledges the severe financial, social, cultural and personal toll that the COVID-19 closures have had on the arts industry. Worth $113 billion a year to our national economy, the arts is a massive economic generator. As we know, much of the arts industry is reliant on the gig economy and many artists and arts workers have lost their livelihoods since the closure of public places and spaces. The arts generates events, audiences and economic benefit for our whole region including adding value to the tourism and culinary industries – other industries heavily hit by COVID-19.
This page is designed to give arts specific information to our local arts and cultural communities to support professional artists and local arts and cultural organisations.
Note that all of Council’s arts and cultural facilities and venues are closed until further notice in response to government requirements.
For ongoing updates on COVID-19 impacts in the community, click here.
Personal & Financial Support
If you need someone to talk to, help is not far away:
- If the matter is an emergency please call 000 immediately
- Lifeline - Phone 13 11 14 or text 0477 13 11 14 (txt from 6pm to midnight)
- Beyond Blue - Phone 1800 512 348
- Support Act Wellbeing Helpline (24/7) – phone 1800 959 500
- Arts Wellbeing Collective
If you need financial support:
- Qld Government Online Jobs Portal
- Queensland Government Residential Rental Hub
- Music Industry – Support Act
- Theatre Industry – Actors & Entertainers’ Benevolent Fund
- Visual Arts Industry – Artists Benevolent Fund
If you are in a position to support artists, please do consider donating to the above support funds.
Note these are not exhaustive lists but provided as a starting point for your own research regarding industry support, networks and funding opportunities.
- Australian Government
- Australia Council for the Arts
- Regional Arts Australia
- Queensland Government
- Copyright Agency
- Australian Cultural Fund
- Bundaberg Regional Council (TBC – RADF)
Industry Networks & Agencies
Visual Arts, Museums, Galleries
Performing Arts & Media
- PAC Australia
- Stage Queensland
- Screen Australia
- Screen Queensland
- Australian Music Centre
Community and Diverse Arts
To engage with others’ work digitally, try these for starters…
- Arts Bundaberg (Council arts and cultural services)
- Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
- Bundaberg Regional Galleries
- Creative Regions
- Bundy Gig Guide
- Flying Arts
- Feral Arts
- Clint Bolster
- Camerata – Queensland’s Chamber Orchestra
Is there something we’ve missed? Something you would like to share? Contact us here.