All branches of the Bundaberg Regional Libraries are currently open. Following are some guidelines to the services Libraries can and cannot offer. Library staff are available to answer enquiries via phone, email and Facebook.
• Monday – Friday: 9.30am to 5.00pm
• Saturday: 9.00am to 1.00pm
• Monday – Friday: 9.00am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5.00pm
• Saturday: 9.00am – 12.00pm
• Monday: closed
• Tuesday – Friday: 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm 4.00pm
• Saturday: 9.00am – 11.30am
• Wednesday: 10.00am – 2.00pm
Number of people permitted in the libraries at one time
• Bundaberg: 450 people
• Childers: 65 people
• Gin Gin: 33 people
• Woodgate: 5 people
Entry requirements (contact tracing)
Government regulations require us to collect contact details from library patrons upon entry. Patrons will be asked to fill in a form with their contact details and place it in the box provided.
Patrons are to ensure:
• They maintain the required social distance (1.5 metres)
• They wash hands or use hand sanitiser on their entry to and exit from the library
• They do not enter the library if they feel unwell
• They take care not to touch items unnecessarily
• They limit their time spent in the library
Loan limits, loan periods, reservations
All loan limits and loan periods are now as per normal business.
Wifi / Computer / Printing / Photocopying access
Available. Use of library computers requires a booking.
Some public programs will recommence from the week beginning 20th July. However, they will be altered in duration and format. Attendance will be by booking only. Further information will be made available via the Library’s Facebook page.
- Some regular children’s programs
- Some digital literacy programs
- School holiday activities (altered formats – in-person activities won’t be available until further notice). Check out What’s On and the Library’s Facebook page for current school holiday activity information.
Programs remaining unavailable until further notice include, but are not limited to:
- After school clubs (robotics, Lego, board games)
- Chess (online only)
- Code Club
- Writing Fridays
- Yarning Meet Up
- Live Local & Learn
- Book clubs
- Outreach activities
- Group meet ups using library spaces eg. meeting rooms and common areas
Inter Library Loan and purchase requests
Remain unavailable until further notice.
Available for booking.
Hardcopy newspapers are available for use within the libraries.
Justice of the Peace service
Friends of the Library Service
Available. Please contact your FOL volunteer or the Bundaberg Library on 4130 4133.
The Library’s digital resources remain available to library members. These resources include eBooks and eAudiobooks, movie and music services, magazines, and more.
How do I stay informed about the libraries?
Check this webpage and follow us on Facebook.