Queensland Museum Kits
The Bundaberg Regional Galleries have been a regional depot for the Queensland Museum since 2008. As a depot, the gallery receives educational kits from the Queensland Museum each school term and they are available for 2 week loads at no cost.
Bookings are essential as the kits are very popular! To find out all the information you need to know on the kits available during each semester and to make a booking, see below.
Available in Semester One
- World War II - The Modern World & Australia (Year 10 History)
- Australian Emblems - How & why do people choose to remember significant events of the past? (Year 3 History), What are the main natural & human features of Australia?
- Outback Queensland - How are people connected to their place & other places? (Year 2 Geography), How do people & environments influence one another? (Year 5 Geography), Consider the effect of drought on living & non-living aspects of the environment (Year 6 Earth & Space)
- Multicultural Hats - Daily & seasonal changes in our environment, including the weather, affect everyday life (Prep Earth & Space), What are the different features of places? (Year 1 Geography), How & why are places similar & different? (Year 3 Geography)
- Marine Turtles - Living things, including plants & animals, depend on eachother and the environment to survive (Year 4 Biological), There are differences within and between groups of organisms. Classification helps organise this diversity (Year 7 Biological), The interactions between organisms, including the effect of human activities (Year 7 Biological)
- Spider & Insect homes - Living things have basic needs, including food & water (Prep Biological), Living things live in different places where their needs are met (Year 1 biological)
- Science toys - A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape (Year 2 Physical)
To book one of the Queensland Museum Semester One kits, simply click here and either create a new user account or login with your account details to proceed with the booking.
Available Semester Two
- Totems: Mer Island - How traditional owners from Mer Island in the Torres Strait have a long & continuous connection to Country/Place with traditional knowledge & custodial responsibility to protect people, plants, animals and environments (Year 4 History | Science, Year 5-6 Science | Geography)
- School History - How has family life changed or remained the same over time? (Year 1 History), How have changes in technology shaped our daily life? (Year 2 History)
- Asia North-East - What would it be like to live in a neighbouring country? (Year 3 Geography), How do places, people and cultures differ across the world? (Year 6 Geography)
- Backyard habit - Living things live in different places where their needs are met (Year 1 Biological)
- Observable Features - Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and distinguished from non-living things (Year 3 Biological)
- Active Earth - Sudden geological changes & extreme weather conditions can affect earth's surface (Year 6 Earth & Space), The theory of placed tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity and continental movement (Year 9 Earth & Space)
- Muttaburrasaurus Bones - Living things have a variety of external features (Year 1 Biological), The theory of evolution by natural selection explains the diversity of living things and is supported by a range of scientific evidence (Year 10 Biological)
To book one of the Queensland Museum Semester Two kits, simply click here and either create a new user account or login with your account details to proceed with the booking.